Hello, I am a profesional painter, member of the Artist's Union from Romania. In my figurative creations I am drawn mostly to the impresionist and expresionist manner of representation. I also like very much the art of photography and I am trying to improve my skills in that domain, also. During the years, I had six personal exhibitions and many participations at group exhibitions. I also have works in private colections in Romania, SUA, Germany and Austria.
Eve and Adam
Gabriela Anitei • Bucharest • Romania
2019 • Oil on canvas
100 x 98 cm
This artwork represents the biblical couple, Adam and Eve. Although they are still in the garden of Eden, they already find themselves constrained in the darkness generated by the serpent - multiplied, as one sin leads to another - which surrounds them with a net of thorns, keeping them in the out coming guilt and punishment for their capital sin. Eve dominates and crushes with her body and her guilt Adam, who is despaired realizing the capital mistake he made and the falling that follows. They are holding one another in a desperate embracing, conscious of their the doomed destiny which their disobedience brought upon them. The subject made me choose earthy colors for humans, as they are clay in the eyes of God, rotten green for serpents, as symbol of lethal perfidy and destruction, and black for the tragedy of the ancestral moment. For this painting I have opted in favor for painting knife instead of brushes, as I intended to give the painting as much substance consistency as possible. This painting is made with professional oil colors and fine turpentine.
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).