Bio Kat Shevchenko was born and grew up in San Antonio, Texas. 2000-2003 she studied illustration at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA. She returned to her hometown in 2003 and pursued further studies in painting at the University of Texas at San Antonio. In 2006, she ventured to Austria to study a version of the revived Old Master’s technique of painting with oil glazes over egg tempera under paintings which she incorporates in her work currently. Artist Statement I am always pursuing many exploratory and experimental approaches to painting, driven by inspiration from the natural world, dreams and life experiences which are interwoven into a personal mythology that has influences ranging from surrealism, symbolism and contemporary culture. In my body of work, this process at times infuses a delicate touch of dark humor to override the emotional cathartic nature this methodology can sometimes impose. Driven by a surrealistic automatism and discovery, I meditate on themes of self transcendence and transformation in an alchemical fashion as a result of deep inter personal reflection.
Kat Shevchenko • San Antonio • United States
2018 • oil, egg tempera on panel
35.56 x 45.72 cm
"Lucid Awakening" was the foundational piece for my last solo exhibition, entitled "Optimistic Formations". The imagery depicted is the product of a stream of consciousness process that is showing an individual that is on the precipice of the unknown, with dualities that are conjoined within a lush galaxy environment that is in flux. I prefer not to reveal too much on this piece, as I want the viewer to have their own viewing experience and interpretation. Oil and egg tempera on cradled panel, with hardware already installed.
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).